We all want to have a flat stomach, but even with intensive workouts and dieting belly fat remains the most difficult kind to get rid of. The secret that will help you drop some pounds is avoiding certain foods.
You most likely know it already, but it won’t hurt going over it again: avoid junk food, fried foods, and ice cream. The more you get, the more you want to satisfy your ever-growing craving. If you’re seriously set on getting rid of belly fat, you really do have to kick the habit of drinking pop and store-bought juices. Even diet soda slows down your metabolism and makes your body store more fat. Speaking of drinks, you’ll also have to say no to alcohol. Some alcoholic beverages are loaded with calories, but it’s not just about the caloric content in certain drinks. Alcohol consumption itself increases your appetite and confuses the part of your brain that’s responsible for that full feeling in your stomach.
Along with sugar, salt should also be limited to small amounts, especially if you suffer from high blood pressure. Remember that one tablespoon of mayonnaise has about 100 calories. Another food to avoid is chewing gum. When you chew gum, your brain and stomach get signals that prepare them for an incoming meal. This means that gum triggers the overproduction of stomach acid, which ends up making you feel hungry.
- Alcoholic drinks 0:38
- Soda 1:41
- Chewing gum 2:50
- Foods high in sodium 3:26
- Fast food 4:12
- Mayonnaise 5:08
- Fried foods 5:37
- Ice cream 6:14
- Foods that make you bloat 7:14
- “Sugar-free” foods 8:23
- Alcohol consumption itself makes you feel hungry, so no matter how full you are, when you go for a bottle of beer, you usually grab a snack too.
- If you’re seriously set on getting rid of belly fat, you really do have to kick the habit of drinking pop and store-bought juices.
- Gum triggers the overproduction of stomach acid, which ends up making you feel hungry, especially for sugary stuff.
- Not only are high-sodium foods harmful to your health, they also make your body retain fluids, resulting in a puffy belly.
- Junk food is a scary mix of fat, sugar, and chemical additives that give it a great taste negatively affect the good bacteria in your gut, and that leads to obesity.
- If you’re a big fan of mayonnaise, then you should know that this condiment contains at least 80% fat.
- Foods fried in oil work like a sponge that absorbs saturated fats that trick your brain and so you just keep shoving food in your mouth without even noticing it.
- The more ice cream you get, the more you want to satisfy your ever-growing craving.
- Dairy, apples, lentils, beans, and artichokes all cause bloating which gives bulging bellies to even the skinniest people.
- Artificial sweeteners in “diet” foods might have no calories in them, but they will make you want to eat more, which only leads to gaining excess weight.