How to workout properly for beginners? Why do we go to the gym regularly and don’t get the desired results? We often make many mistakes in the gym during our workouts that stand in the way of being healthy.
Did you know that doing exercises in a wrong way is even worse than doing nothing at all? In this video, we collected the 11 most common workout mistakes that you should avoid! Remember: the devil is in the detail.
- Long cardio workouts 0:48
- Low-calorie diet 1:24
- Not sleeping enough 1:55
- Sports drinks with electrolytes 2:17
- Eating more 2:52
- Working out on an empty stomach 3:17
- Going to the sauna after a workout 3:50
- Using a scale 4:11
- Not hiring a fitness trainer 4:37
- Not cooling down 5:12
- Daily workouts 5:40
- The average duration of a cardio training should be around 30 minutes. Start small and gradually build your way up. This way you will know your limits and keep your heart safe.
- To get the necessary fats, protein and carbohydrates for your body, eat more salmon and avocado. These products have enough fats, but they are healthy and non-destructive.
- Not sleeping enough means lower physical performance and slower recovery. And when you feel tired, there is no point in going to the gym.
- Many people think drinking water when exercising is wrong, but you are not one of them, right? Don’t torture yourself by not drinking any water. During a workout, your body actively loses a lot of fluids.
- If you want to keep your weight in check or even decrease it, you have to eat right and stay away from empty calories.
- If you don’t want to lose consciousness in the gym, eat 2 hours before exercising. 2 hours is enough for the body to digest the food to the point when you are already not feeling sleepy and not hungry yet.
- A hot bath or a sauna can be very dangerous for your heart and blood vessels. So if you want to wash off the sweat, take a warm shower instead.
- You can comfort yourself with this thought: muscles weigh more than fat. So, maybe the fat you wanted to burn turned into muscles?
- Trainers are usually great motivators. Besides, their job is to develop a training program that fits your needs and your physical capacity. A professional trainer can make sure you do all exercises correctly and don’t harm yourself accidentally.
- Don’t forget to take a few minutes to stretch after a workout. It will reduce the pain in the muscles and make your recovery much faster.
- If you work out every day, you will feel exhausted, and your muscles won’t have enough time to recover. Ironically, daily workouts lead to the increase of cortisol in your body.
Do you know any other workout mistakes that we should avoid in the gym? Share them in the comment section below!