Table of Contents
- 1. Matching a foundation shade to the back of your hand.
- 2. Applying too much foundation.
- 3. Be careful on how you apply concealer makeup.
- 4. Going to bed with your makeup on.
- 5. Leaving your makeup tools dirty.
- 6. Covering your entire face with bronzer.
- 7. Applying waterproof mascara every day.
- 8. Leaving a gap between the eyelashes and the eyeliner.
- 9. Not applying base coat before applying nail polish.
- 10. Attempting to use nail polish remover to thin out older polishes.
- 11. Squeezing your mascara to the very last bit.
- 12. Not using powder to set up your makeup.
Wearing makeup is something we do on a daily basis, but, truth be told, no matter how much we think we know in terms of applying and knowing what products to use, we haven’t quite all gotten to the master level yet.
That’s why Diply has compiled a list of common mistakes that you’re probably making when you apply your makeup and how to rectify them.
1. Matching a foundation shade to the back of your hand.
An accurate shade of foundation can be achieved by switching it on the side of your face and letting it dry. Only then can you see if it matches.
Source: Instagram | @jackieaina
2. Applying too much foundation.
Avoid applying a thick layer of foundation if you have troubled or sensitive skin. You wouldn’t want to look like you’re wearing a mask or a layer of cake.
Source: Instagram | @fatoomlolo
3. Be careful on how you apply concealer makeup.
If you apply your concealer in an upside-down triangle shape you might just deceive people in to thinking you got at least 8 hours of sleep.
Source: Instagram | @casually_gorgeous
4. Going to bed with your makeup on.
Do not do this at any cost! This can cause acne and other skin irritations as a result of your pores stretching and clogging. You should consider removing it before going to sleep.
Source: Instgram | @krazykakes1029
5. Leaving your makeup tools dirty.
While this may seem time-consuming it is actually quite worth and responsible. Skin break out is just one side effect of not finding the time to clean your brush and other tools.
Source: Instagram | @michellecrossan_
6. Covering your entire face with bronzer.
Be careful when applying bronzer! There are certain areas that you need to apply it to and nowhere else, like the cheekbones, forehead, chin, and the bridge of the nose.
Source: Instagram | @tominamakeup
7. Applying waterproof mascara every day.
This can have a negative effect on your eyelashes specifically, and also, this kind of mascara is quite difficult to remove. Unless you really need it, avoid using it day-to-day.
Source: Instagram | @nikkis.picks
8. Leaving a gap between the eyelashes and the eyeliner.
You are probably leaving a very noticeable gap between your liner and lashes if you aren’t getting close enough to the lashes with your eyeliner pencil.
Source: Instagram | @sugarbelle.stockist
9. Not applying base coat before applying nail polish.
Using a base coat will help with your nail polish lasting more than usual, that being the result of your nail polish having a platform to stick to.
Source: Instagram | @karolinameschino
10. Attempting to use nail polish remover to thin out older polishes.
This can only end in disaster for your polish, given the fact that it breaks down the formula and completely ruins it.
Source: Instagram | @lenisesca
11. Squeezing your mascara to the very last bit.
If you are doing this, you are actually drying out the mascara sooner than it would normally take and creating a bacteria heaven in the meanwhile.
Source: Instagram | @benefitcosmetics
12. Not using powder to set up your makeup.
The only thing you’ll need to make sure your makeup is stable and lasting throughout the day.