Here are the most common skin problems which can appear if there is something wrong inside your body. It is very important to be aware of the signals our skin can give us!
Usually, we don’t think that much about our health, until there’s something wrong with it. A lot of the severe illnesses progress quietly in early stages, so you find out the truth only when you visit a doctor for a regular appointment or, even more horribly, when it becomes way too serious.
Dark spots 1:04
White patches 1:53
A great number of new moles and tags 5:12
Acne, blackheads, clogged pores 6:09
Excessive sweating 8:30
– If you noticed dark spots, which all of the sudden popped up on your skin, this could be a symptom of adrenal insufficiency or Addison’s disease. Your adrenal glands do not generate enough steroid hormones. Addison’s disease may be caused by various factors, including stress.
– Another signal of health problems is white patches that start to appear on your skin. In this case, your skin loses pigmentation, and this disease is called vitiligo.
It develops when cells called melanocytes are killed by the body’s immune system, causing the area of skin to turn white because the cells no longer make pigment.
– Any sudden rashes on your skin show that there is something wrong with your body. It could be an allergy to food, home chemicals, medical drugs, or even a contagious disease, such as chicken pox. In any case, it is better to turn to a doctor because allergic reactions can lead to serious consequences. One of them is a Stevens-Johnson syndrome, which is a severe skin reaction.
– If you have edemas every day, it is worth seeing an endocrinologist because they can be a sign of hypothyroidism. This condition can occur when the thyroid gland fails to produce sufficient quantities of hormones. The following symptoms can accompany this disease: dry skin, face and limb edemas, hair loss, fragile nails, and weight gain.
– There are many reasons why moles can appear on the skin. A basic and most common one is heredity. If your parents have big birthmarks, you may also have them. Other reasons can be either excessive ultraviolet exposure or hormone imbalance. In most cases, moles are harmless.
– Pretty much everyone suffered from acne at one point or another. And don’t get me started on blackheads, this thing is unavoidable. Today numerous commercials and cosmetic brands show us an unbelievable amount of products that claim to clear your skin from acne and blackheads completely. And people usually trust them buying more and more, without realizing that clogged pores are just the consequence and not the main reason. Of course, it’s easier just to wash your face and hope it will all go away instead of going on a strict diet and figure out the main root of your skin problems, but if you want to have a fresh and free-from-acne skin, visiting the doctor is inevitable.
– In most cases, flaking is not that big of a deal. It is a temporary condition with an easy treatment. However, when the flaking is intense and accompanied by other symptoms, it can be a sign of a serious disease. The reasons for flaking can be a vitamin deficiency, hormone imbalance or allergic reaction.
– If you are inside a well-ventilated space with optimal temperature and you are not nervous, then you shouldn’t be sweating as if running a cross-country race. If you find yourself in such situation constantly, it’s time to sound the alarm. The reason for excessive sweating can be the toxic diffuse goiter, or Graves’ disease, an autoimmune disease that affects the thyroid..