Table of Contents
Fall is prime time to perfect your layering game with some creative thinking. We’ve rounded up some key players for autumn, just mix and match your favorite tops and bottoms to set yourself up for the season.
Keep reading to see how to layer up this season!
How to Layer With a Long Cardigan
The key to staying warm without the bulk? Lightweight layering. Fun fact: cardigans are your best friend this fall.
- Add structure: Start by grabbing your long cardigan of choice and layer it over a simple white tee or tank (depending on the weather). Then, add a tailored utility jacket for polish and definition.
- Play with lengths: Let your duster cardigan peek out from your jacket, and introduce a print for extra dimension.
- Try contrasting colors: If your outer layers are dark, choose interior layers on the lighter end of the spectrum. The contrast in colors will help keep your layers look distinct, not bulky.
How to Layer with a Button-Up
The classic button-up. Whether it’s crisp white or a comfy chambray, we’ve all got one in our closet. Here’s how to layer them this fall.
- Grab a sweater: You’ve got your button-up, now grab a pullover sweater and let your collar peek out (or pop it if you’re in the #mood).
- Lay on the leggings: Dress down a polished top with a pair of sleek leggings or joggers for an athleisurely spin.
- Top it off: If you’re all in on the athleisure look, wear a bomber jacket! A basic black or embroidered bomber will take you the extra style mile.
How to Layer with a Kimono Cardigan
It’s your favorite summer cover-up, so why not wear it into fall? It can easily be worn throughout the seasons when styled correctly—like this!
- Add a less than basic top: For your anchor piece, consider a silky cami with an embellished neckline—like lace or embroidery—that’s easily seen under the kimono.
- Get cozy with a turtleneck: This cold weather staple is ultra-timeless and works when paired with the insouciant style of a kimono.
- Take the edge off: Layer your kimono underneath your tough-girl moto jacket. It’s the perfect piece to soften up even the most extra rocker style.
—Stephania & Christina
How are you going to layer this fall? Tell your Stylist about the pieces you’re coveting!
The post How can I layer up, without the bulk? appeared first on Stitch Fix Style.