Keep reading to see how to bring your personal style to life!
1. Get to Know Your Personal Style
Clothes can help you feel like the best version of yourself. More than covering up, your style is an extension of self-expression and it reminds us that we can control how we feel about ourselves—when you look good you feel good!
This doesn’t mean wearing pink or dressing in something “pretty.” A feminine look is about accentuating the female figure with form-fitting separates that flatter your body type.
- Well-tailored top
- Fitted culottes
- Delicate accent accessories
What’s better than when comfort meets style? Nothing. This look combines the best of both worlds with a fashionably laidback sensibility for those that don’t want to look like they’re trying too hard.
- Crisp white tee
- Chic (and opaque) leggings
- Simple, all-white lace ups
This look is all about keeping your wardrobe no-fuss and fresh—less is more. Think Parisian cool-girl-chic with elevated basics, in hushed tones, for an ensemble that is timeless not over the top.
- Relaxed trousers
- On-the-go tote
- Luxe-looking mules
The key to this free-flowing, effortless style? Layering. Airy silhouettes are topped off with structured jackets and stacked accessories for a romantic look that’s carefree and casual.
- Long, sweeping maxi dress
- Over-the-shoulder carryall
- Wear-with-anything ankle boots
Whether it’s thumbing through magazines, adding inspiration to your Pinterest board or asking the woman in front of you where she got her shoes, gather inspiration from others. Find your new favorite fashion bloggers and take a cue (or two) from their book and find ways to add inspiration into your closet. Use these likes and dislikes to hone in on (and visualize) your dream wardrobe.
Tips to find style inspiration:
- Take a mental note—or a literal one—on what these looks have in common.
- Evaluate the similarities between these looks and your own wardrobe.
- Pare down your closet of clothing clutter. If you don’t know where to start, start cleaning out your closet.
PLAY UP YOUR BEST FEATURES
Your greatest fashion accessory is confidence, so go on and show of your favorite features. Wearing clothes that play up your best assets will help you look polished and stylish no matter what label or size you’re wearing.
Tips to play up your best features:
- Learn how to flaunt your best features (and how to downplay others).
- Discover what necklines work for you.
- Flatter your arms with the perfect tops for your style.
What’s your personal style? Tell us below.
The post How to Find Your Personal Style appeared first on Stitch Fix Style.