So, you’re in your twenties. Your teen years are behind you (thank goodness), maybe graduation is on the horizon or you’re searching for your #dreamjob (or already have it!). No matter where you’re at, your twenties are a time to grow, experiment, live/love/laugh, date and most importantly, explore your personal style!
Here are our style must-haves when you’re in your 20s.
Here’s what to add to your closet when you’re 20:
- Your perfect jeans: Find your perfect jeans and then buy them in every color. Well, at least two. A dark wash will take you to work (or date night!) and a lighter hue will have you relaxed and weekend-ready.
- A new trend for every season: Now is the time to experiment, so take risks in your 20s! Sport an off-the-shoulder, try bell-sleeves, get a new haircut, wear a crop-top and don your most-distressed skinnies. Try all the styles you’ve always wanted to—with no apologies or regrets.
- Relaxed tee: A no-effort-required tee is a must, especially for those days and nights when you don’t know what to wear. Toss it on with jeans for brunch with the girls, edge it up with a moto jacket or pair it with a pencil skirt for when you land your dream job.
- Statement Bag: Whether it’s an investment piece you should’ve saved more for or your favorite boutique find, consider toting along a carryall that goes with everything—and makes a statement.
- Party dress: From date night to girls night to bachelorette weekend (when did everyone start getting married?), the timeless little black dress has you covered. Find one that fits you perfectly and be good to it— it will never fail you.
Here’s what to leave behind in your 20s:
- Items you (or possibly your mom) bought in high school. We’re all for nostalgia but it’s time to toss those staples you wore in college.
- Anything stained or soiled. There’s nothing quite like a perfectly placed rip or slit but if your clothes are visibly soiled, then it’s time to say goodbye. Or at least become a master of the machine.
- Anything you just don’t wear. A good closet cleanse will make way for new staples—and make you feel like a new woman.
As you navigate through your twenties, you’re sure to encounter plenty of good times, some hard times and maybe even a few plain old bad times. But no matter what, it’s time to express yourself in life and in style.
What do you think of the wardrobe essentials you should have in your 20s? Tell us!
The post I’m 20. What are the closet staples that I should own? appeared first on Stitch Fix Style.