Here are our 3 favorite short trends to try this summer!
How to Wear Cuffed Shorts
Classic shorts served up with a side of cuffs. Whether you’re cuffing your shorts on your own, or looking for a crisp pair of flat-fronts, here’s how to wear cuffed shorts for every shape.
- If you’re a pear shape: A tailored chino with a 1” cuff will add structure & clean lines to your shape and hugs your curves in the right places.
- If you’re apple: Your legs are the main attraction, focus on a bright floral print to draw attention to your best feature!
- If you’re athletic: If you’re a legs for days type of girl, the shorter the better. The flat front of tailored, cuffed shorts are the perfect accompaniment to your gams.
- If you’re hourglass: Try a high-waisted pair (no matter what) with added details like a waist-tie or a paper bag style waistband to accentuate your smaller middle.
Editor Tip: Dare to wear short shorts? You can! The more leg you show off, the longer your frame will appear. For comfort & balance, be sure to pick short shorts that are a little looser around the thighs.
How To Wear Cut-offs
The long and the short of it? Shorts can be a statement on their own! From florals to cut-offs here are the statement making pieces to try for every shape.
- If you’re a pear shape: Keep your look streamlined in a pair of mid-length cut-offs of 6”-7” for the most hip-hugging fit.
- If you’re an apple shape: Don’t be afraid to rock short shorts with an inseam from 2” to 5”! You’ve got legs for days, so put them on center stage.
- If you’re athletic shaped: Don’t stress, just get distressed shorts! Try out a pair of distressed denim cutoffs this season (a little to a lot works!) to add some extra dimension to your figure.
- If you’re an hourglass shape: Still don’t have your fill of colored denim? Try out colored cut-offs in your favorite spring hue like moss green, poppy pink or red! Pair it with your favorite lightweight tops & go!
Editor Tip: Oversized, baggy blouses & tops will add to your frame. Instead, opt for tailored button-ups or fitted tops that can be tucked (or half-tucked) in.
How to Wear Flowy Shorts
Flow into summer in a pair of easy, breezy shorts. A little boho and a lot stylish, reach for a pair of flowy shorts for the easiest summer outfit ever.
- If you’re a pear shape: Think flowy shorts won’t be flattering? False! This season, reach for a pair of mid-length shorts (it’s your best fit!) in a summer-ready print.
- If you’re an apple shape: A pair of flowy shorts in a breezy fabric —like cotton or linen— give your legs room to move without sacrificing your style. Look for a pair in an A-line silhouette to give you structure & sway.
- If you’re an athletic shape: Outfit your legs and keep your cool in a side-slit rayon shorts this season. Go for a pop-color pair to accentuate your athletic shape, then balance it out with a bright white top.
- If you’re an hourglass shape: Try out some clever layering tricks with flowy shorts! Let your hourglass figure do all the talking with a soft tank, flowy shorts and a lightweight layer.
Editor Tip: For added height (literally), pop on a pair of wedges or platform sandals that are so en vogue for spring. A platform shoe is a surefire way to make you look taller & leaner.