If you want a slim body, you have to do a lot of cardio, right? This misconception is extremely popular among those who want to lose weight. However, not many people know that cardio can actually turn into a fat trap. Not only can aerobic exercises prevent you from losing fat but they can also make you gain extra pounds!
For example, when you regularly do the same exercise, your body gets better at this activity. As a result, it doesn’t need to put in as much effort as before, so you don’t spend as much energy as you used to and, thus, don’t burn enough calories. The best thing you can do in this case is diversify your workouts. To learn which other cardio mistakes you should avoid, watch our new video!
You focus on cardio rather than strength training 0:58
You try to stay in your “fat-burning” zone 2:19
You do cardio on an empty stomach 3:41
You think you can eat whatever you want if you do enough cardio 5:10
Your training sessions are always the same 6:39
You do too much cardio 7:43
You use light weights while doing cardio 8:56
You don’t do enough cardio 9:41
You do cardio only in the morning 10:26
You do your cardio and only after that do you hit the weights 11:03
#cardioworkout #cardiomistakes #weightloss
- If you want to become slimmer, strength training works better. First of all, such workouts build up lean muscle mass, and this decreases fat stores and boosts your metabolism.
- You burn many more calories during and after high-intensity workouts. This is because the fat-burning effect of such exercises can last for up to 24 hours. As a result, this makes you lose fat much faster.
- The muscles you use to do cardio exercises do depend heavily on carbs and fats to get energy. But contrary to what many people believe, your body won’t get this energy from fat stores in your belly or hips.
- If you eat a lot and then train a lot, you can exhaust your body and overtrain. Consequently, you may suffer from burnout and injuries, your immune system will get weaker, and your sleep will become less restful.
- Cortisol negatively influences your hunger-regulating hormones. This makes you feel hungry, and the worst thing about this is that you feel starved not only during your workout session but long after you finish it as well.
- Light weights don’t make much difference when you use them during your cardio session. They are too insignificant to strengthen your muscles, and they don’t help you burn more calories.
- Many people believe they can get slim by training for half an hour 3 times a week. However, that’s not enough to become fit. By doing such workouts, you only stay moderately active.
- If you feel that morning workouts aren’t for you since, instead of feeling energized, you become tired and unhappy, do them when it feels best for you.
- If you start your workout with an intense cardio session, you might not have enough strength left for effective strength training.